A global movement to strengthen the rights and voices of older people around the world.
GAROP Australia is the national alliance of older Australians and Australian organisations representing older people. GAROP Australia is committed to building national-level capacity to work towards more effective human rights instruments for older people. The purposes of the Alliance include:
- Building and strengthening bridges within and across sectors to protect the rights of older Australians;
- Advocating for the implementation of a United Nations Convention on the Rights of Older Persons;
- Providing a forum for civil society engagement on the rights of older people;
- Strengthening current and future advocacy efforts nationally and regionally;
- Gathering and disseminating education resources on older people and human rights.
How you can help:
JOIN THE ALLIANCE – by joining GAROP Australia, you can participate in the effort to to raise the profile of the campaign for a UN Convention on the Rights of Older Persons. Organisations and individuals are invited to join. You will receive information and news from us as a result of joining.
Visit GAROP (International):
For information about the Global Alliance for the Rights of Older People, visit RightsForOlderPeople.org.